Update: 7/26 12:30pm
MaineCat is back online! Please resume requesting and filling requests as usual. See any problems? Let us know: support.maineinfonet.org
The MaineCat system, including the online catalog at mainecat.maine.edu will be offline for maintenance on Wednesday, July 26, starting at about 11am, and continuing for 2-4 hours. (Please plan of the possibility of it being out longer that day.)
For up-to-date information during the outage, and to see when it is clear to go back to processing MaineCat materials, please check http://twitter.com/maineinfonet or maineinfonet.org for the most recent tweet.
- The website mainecat.maine.edu will be unavailable during that time, simply returning an error page. Since the page is inactive, no searching and no requesting are possible.
- MaineCat/INN-Reach items will not be able to be sent out to delivery or checked in from delivery, neither new requests nor returns will correctly check in/out during the offline time. Please simply set aside any of these that need processing and handle them once InfoNet staff have indicated the system is ready to use.
- MaineCat items already on the hold shelf *might* check out correctly, or they may not. Please be prepared to use an alternate checkout method (on the fly, make a note, etc) in order to accommodate a patron picking up an MaineCat item in case the checkout does not work that that time.
- Local transactions and requests within the system (Minerva to Minerva, MILS to MILS, URSUS to URSUS, CBB) transactions will work fine.
- Once the system is back online, it will queue up changes to records during the time it was offline. All changes may take a few hours to be accurately reflected.
- Please do not do any large loads of records or mass changes to records outside of usual procedure. This will slow down how quickly the system realigns itself once it is online.
- Catalogers using Z39.50 to bring in MaineCat records will get no results because of no connection
Maintenance should start at 11. Please be generous with this time and wrap up any work that involves MaineCat by 10am to be safe. It is possible that work in preparation could interfere with other transactions, so pushing till the last minute could backfire.
A notice has been on the front page of the MaineCat catalog for the last week, which will hopefully have prepared most patrons.
- CBB: July 27
- URSUS: July 31
- Minerva: Aug 2
- MILS: Aug 7
- Portland Public: Aug 8
Thanks for your help and understanding,