Below are steps to follow when, in the course of library events, it becomes necessary for one library to address a problem with another library.
These steps are not Minerva policy with a capital P. Instead, they are a recommended Best Practice, suggested as the simplest and happiest way toward resolving a conflict.
As Minerva libraries, we all do our best (yes, we really do!), but disagreements and misunderstandings happen.
Below is a path to follow (in numerical order) in such instances. –Steve Norman, Chair of the Minerva Board
- Address at staff level (library to library)
- Address at director level (director to director)
- Ask for guidance or assistance from the appropriate Minerva committee (Cataloging Standards Committee, Circulation Standards Committee, and so on)
- Contact Chair of the Minerva Executive Board
- Action of the Minerva Executive Board